Although LBi has established a reputation for quality work and big name clients, we wanted to raise our profile and, more importantly, use innovative ways to attract the very best talent in the industry.
Simple: hold a huge free party in our basement and encourage guests, journalists and influencers to have fun and network with current employees, friends and existing partners.
Three weeks before the event we launched 'Beyond Raveality' with teaser messages on Twitter and Facebook. A poster followed featuring our now infamous bowler hatted man and EventBrite page details.
The first tickets were snapped up, so we gave away more with Facebook and Twitter competitions. A set of VIP tickets were even sold on eBay for £97!
To further promote the party, people were encouraged to post Rave badges on blogs and social profiles. Partners also promoted the event on their own sites.
THE MAIN EVENT
Interest and attendance outstripped our wildest expectations, causing an early roadblock, with over 2000 people attending. Ravers were encouraged to check-in, tweet, Instagram and share - which added to the banter.
Performances by UK B-Boy champions Soul Mavericks and go-go dancers added to the atmosphere, as the ravers enjoyed the sponsored bars, surprise DJs, chill-out room and interactive installations.
THE MORNING AFTER
After the event, there was social discussion about:
- Who the DJs were – Filthy Dukes, Joe & Will Ask, Rust
- The queue!
- How epic the night was
- The mammoth hangovers…
Photos of the event were posted on LBi’s Facebook and Flickr pages for all to see, generating further conversation - and the odd embarrassed reaction!
- #LBiRave generated maximum buzz and much love for our brand.
- Over 1800 tweets with #LBiRave, 1258 mentions of the Rave and @LBiLondon – giving a Twitter reach of 1.7 million.
- Editorial about the event, entertainment, installations on blogs and industry news sites.
- Double the amount of Facebook 'Likes' for LBi London pre-rave, topping 1000 the day after.
- 63 Facebook and 103 Foursquare Check-ins on the night
- Our recruitment team received 450-500 job applications per week following the event, an increase of 63% on the previous year.
- The Rave increased traffic to our agency site, with 2774 rave-related views in 2 weeks.
- Achieved with no media spend, relying on owned and earned media.